WUJA Congress 2017 – Information Bulletin (June)
We are only a couple of weeks away from the World Union of Jesuit Alumni Congress 2017.
As you know, the Congress is being held for the first time in the United States. Based on my limited math skills, that’s not likely to happen again for at least 20 to 25 years.
My prayer daily is for a Congress that brings us together with a strong Ignatian spirit. We have all be touched is some way by this wonderful community of priests and brothers throughout the world. And it is their influence that has caused us all to be “men and women for others.”
It is that same spirit that I hope will permeate the Congress. A spirit that will not only touch us during the five days we will be together, but a spirit that will follow us home!
My prayers are not only with those of you who are coming, but also with those of you who will not be joining us. You will be with us in spirit and please know that we will carry the message back for all to hear.
If you are still considering attending the Congress, but have not yet registered, I invite you to visit our web site at wujacongress2017.org and see what we have to offer you.
For those of you who have registered, I pray for a safe trip and a most rewarding visit to the United States.
God bless you all.
Congress Planning Committee Chair
Web site: http://www.wujacongress2017.org
- Pentecost prayer vigil on Saturday, May 30
- The World Union pays tribute to Father Adolfo Nicolás, sj
- In times of crisis, Jesuit Alumni worldwide engage into digital conversations
- Matteo Ricci – The Apostle of Inculturation
- Fauci, Cuomo, Trump: three Jesuit Alumni, three different ways of dealing with the coronavirus crisis in the land of Uncle Sam