Pilgrims with Ignatius – Live prayer broadcast on 23 May
Dear Alumni and Alumnæ, dear Friends,
As you probably know, from May 2021 until July 2022, the Society of Jesus celebrates an Ignatian Year, which marks the 500th anniversary of St. Ignatius’ conversion, and in which we ask for the grace to see all things new in Christ.
Father General expressed his joy for the active participation of the whole Ignatian family: “It is my hope and desire that we can work together among the entire Ignatian family to celebrate this year, rediscover our roots and thus renew ourselves and our outlook to the world.”
For the inauguration of this Ignatian year, on Pentecost Sunday, 23 May, we are invited to a global prayer in which we all take part: Jesuits, lay people, youth, religious and those who, from other beliefs or human convictions, participate in the same struggle.
Please, join these brothers and sisters of yours, in spirit and in prayer, at this celebration.
- The 35-minutes prayer will take place at three separate times to accommodate the global Ignatian family across time zones. Join us at either 8:00 PM (Asia Pacific, Manila time), 8:00 PM (EMEA, Rome time), or 8:00 PM (the Americas, New York Time)
- Find more information at ignatius500.global/live. The prayer will be broadcast on this same link
- Fr. General Arturo Sosa will join us in prayer, and people from all over the world will share testimonies. There will also be a message and blessing from Pope Francis. There will be room for silent personal prayers too.
- Between now and May 23: Invite your friends and networks to join the prayer. Share your own prayers in advance, photos, videos or messages on social media with #ignatius500
- Offer to Saint Ignatius at the occasion of the World Congress of Alumni Barcelona 2022
- Feast of St. Ignatius: What a difference a cannon ball makes!
- Pilgrims with Ignatius – Live prayer broadcast on 23 May
- Press release from the Pedro Arrupe World Association
- Being reborn with the one who is born – Christmas Message